Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:02 pm
We've had an email enquiry, asking..

"I am looking for a group of people to cycle with, but having looked at your webpage I am not sure whether I am even fit enough to come to one of your
social bike rides. I do cycle to work from Southbank to the University with a citybike (with a basket!) daily, but I have never cycled 40 miles before (I think) and have no idea what my average comfortable speed per hour would be. Do you do any shorter rides to get started?"

I'm sure Kevin will respond re the Saturday rides, but if anyone is after some company on shorter, perhaps gentler-paced rides, post on here and I'll point her at this page to check responses.

Thanks!

by Willy H Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:09 pm
I'll be quite happy to coordinate interest in local 2-3 hour's duration touring rides. I know a few people who in the past had an interest in this, and I'll sound them out. It's something we should try to encourage, maybe through the local bike shops too.
Can't promise to take a ride like this on weekend days, but during spring/summer I could lead a weekday eve ride fairly regularly.

by Dr Dave Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:02 pm
I could be up for a moderately gentle hour or two in the evenings in the summer