Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:36 am
Given the recent modest success of our lot at Manchester, and the fact that the SPOCO's are approaching, we thought it would be worth approaching The Press about doing a feature which focussed on the youth series which will be run via the flat 10's.

So... ...are any of you under-18's planning on having a go at this (or does anyone have sons/daughters who you're planning on "encouraging")? And would you be happy to turn up at some convenient time for a group pic? If so, could you let me know on here please?

Also, if it looks like there are going to be a few of you doing it, I'll approach Andy at Cycle Heaven about getting some prizes lined up...

by Tullio Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:04 pm
Inspired by our trip to Manchester last week, Seb is keen to have a go. However, being young and new to the sport he may well duck out after 1 event..or may not, so I wouldn't want a lot of effort gone to for prizes etc. Maybe wait until a couple of events in and see what attendance is like?

He's also a little embarrassed about a posed pic in the paper 'My mates will all take the mick!' Maybe we get cameras down for the first event and do some action shots and an article then? Is James turning out?

by Helen Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:13 pm
Phil

We took our children to Manchester and they also enjoyed watching the races.May be not as much as Nick did but we all had a good time.I back Paul's response as it was Alice who was most keen on having a go but she is the one who already has the most committments.
We might make the odd evening in the holidays but I can't see it replacing her other interests.She would be happy for a photo, as long as she had done a good ride, as her school friends would see and cycling is not very cool.
I think if Matt was willing he would make a good subject for an interview.
He is older but still at school,plays football but with Arnie's input,his hard work and club encouragement he is a very succesful junior.

Helen

by JamesM Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:43 pm
I am probably going to do a few, but don't really fancy doing a 'posed' picture for the press. I prefer Paul's idea of taking pictures at the first event.