Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:10 pm
So, it's that time of year again. Chaingang tomorrow? Should be ok for a 6pm prompt departure and one lap. Sunset is 19:40 so some minimal lights will be advisable unless you live in Acomb :)

For those that fancy a go and haven't in the past, we meet at the layby just beyond the layby on the B road to Wetherby. Start time will go back to 6:15 in a couple of weeks to let more people ride.

by Andy J Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:45 pm
Hi Guys,
Did the chain gang happen tonight? I rode out in the opposite direction having got back from a works training course late, I waited around at liitle ribston on the off chance there was a group out braving the wind, 7.10 came and went so I turned around and came home.

I will be out next week, whats the proposed format this year as last year was a shambles most of the time.

I dont mean to start a big debate here but it would be good to have some kind of structure rather than different people turning up each week wanting everybody to do a ride that suits their fitness level. As I say no big debate wanted just some constructive input.

by Arthur Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:15 pm
I turned up. Only Simon H turned up as well and he didn't want to ride as just a two in the wind as he was a bit lurgied, so I turned off at Rufforth and headed for a different route as I wasn't expecting anyone.

I didn't do many rides last year (and may well do fewer this year) but I strongly suggest that there should be at least two groups. Set the faster group off first so they don't come back together. There's too big a fitness range for one group now IMO.

The few times that was done it worked well. It just needs someone to be assertive at the start each week.