Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by IanH Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:50 pm
I agreed with Helen a few weeks ago that I would lead this Audax ride as the Sunday club ride, I have rode it for the last few years and always enjoy it.

It starts at 10am from Wigginton recreational hall and the distance is 102km, I recommend entering in advance although you can enter on the day, it would be better to print the entry form from the link below and fill it in to save time on the day, the cost is £2 + £1.50 to cover insurance on the day if you are not a member of Audax UK or a CTC member, also if you are under 18 the parental consent section must be signed.

http://www.amkirby.co.uk/NYDA/Events/R080330A.htm

I will be at the Square for 9am, giving anyone who wants to do the ride time to ride out to Wigginton and enter there.

Ian H

by MarkA Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:15 pm
Good stuff Ian

Just posted my entry today and believe Gill + several other Clifton women are planning on riding?

by BroomWagon Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:55 am
I'm hoping to do this unless the weather is really foul. Including the miles to and from the start, this will be almost twice the distance I've done since May 07, so I will be having a very steady day out with plenty of stops. I don't want Clifton to hang around waiting for me, so don't feel any obligation to, I shall do this at my own pace and get there in the end.

by Gill C Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:34 pm
There are 5 Clifton girls (non Sunday riders) planning to do the event...anybody else is very welcome to join us. Wrap up warm as the pace will be very slow with lots of cake stops as 3 of the girls have birthday's within the week.

by IanH Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:00 pm
See you all tomorrow, don't forget to alter your clocks tonight.

Cheers

Ian H

by BroomWagon Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:05 pm
Cheers Ian, I'd forgotten about the clocks. Hope the weather's a bit better for tomorrow.

by MarkA Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:06 pm
Top day out with sunshine to boot on the way home
Thanks to Ian for looking after us - I would say best ride since end of last summer?

Hope Gills group made it back ok

Only remembered i had intended to take pictures coming back through Beningbrough hall
All the action shots bar one were useless but took some at the finish as well
Link http://www.cliftoncc.org/fountains08/index.html

by Gill C Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:56 pm
Mark, We eventually made it back! The tea stall was still open (just).
Must apologise to Mr. Broomwagon for leaving him half way through a conversation to track down 2 missing.

by mal Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:55 pm
In which case I must apologise to you both for being one of the overboard and missings. Had to dash back to get the tea on for the homecoming, hardworking Mrs Mal and didn't report in. Had a good ride though - well done Cap'n Ian - and at exactly the same mph as last year.