Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:54 pm
I know there's a typo in the title, but it looked suitibly flemish; so I left it there!

Lots going on this weekend, how did it go?

I got a description of the Ferry Hill Wh RR from Phil:

"Clifton had four up there. I spent the race gradually drifting forward in the bunch, spent the last lap at the front and then lost concentration about a mile from the finish resulting in starting the sprint in about 20th, finished about 15th. Steve had a comfortable race near the front and finished a couple of places further back. Muzzy lurked at the back until disappearing off the front in a promising-looking break about half-way through the race but they got brought back after a lap or so. Paul Bridgen shot off the front on lap two but after a lap or so came back with arm in air – I assume a puncture or other mechanical. Mark M didn’t ride." Anybody anything to add - sounds like you all were competitive!

"Muzzy lurked at the back until disappearing off the front in a promising-looking break" - he always has a knack for that, how does he do it?!

What about the White Rose Classic?

With all this going on there was just me in the Square this morning (Billy No Mates), so I took the opportunity to reccie the route for the Yorks Alps next week, well, the first leg upto and through Richmond anyway. Got 130miles in from Riccall which I think is my longest ever solo ride (apart from the 12s and 24!) Wilted somewhat in the afternoon in the heat and headwind and battled to keep the average speed up at 17.5. Absolutely shot to pieces now and hoping this glass of red wine kicks in soon!

by stevesavage Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:42 am
Results from the 'Petes' race. Well done Kit!

1. Alistair Kay, York Cycleworks
2. Steven Wolfer, Zenith Rc
3. Steven Ward, Team Swift
4. Kit Gilham, Clifton Cc
5. Darren Tiffin, Private M
6. Greg Roach, Team Nippo
7. Rick King, Gs Briganti
8. Chris Burrows, Private M
9. Ashley Brown, Featherstone Rc
10. Mike Moss, Cottingham Coureurs
11. Jack Ibbotson, Doncaster Whs
12. Alec Leslie, Loughboro Students
13. Martin Wheedon, Doncaster Whs
14. Steve Marrows, Gb Fire Briogade Rt
15. Steve Wakefield, Lindsey Roads
by like my bike Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:27 am
Good ride, in the early km's we got soaked due to a rain storm sunshine soon broke through and the rest of the day stayed HOT. Event was well organised, the feeds were well earned I think I drank 5 litres of water. Saw Willy at first feed (he wasnt riding it in his G-string! :D ). Just sneaked Gold time 6:58, Charile finished around the 6:40's.
Only down side was dual carriagway in finishing miles, which they put in to get us from Cow & Calf back to Otley.

A J

by stevesavage Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:40 pm
Results from Ferryhill Wheelers

1 Richard Meadows Cleveland Wheelers CC
2 Darren Gladwin Hambleton RC
3 Barry Kipling MTS Cycle Sport
4 Tony Fawcett Cestria CC
5 Jack Rees Adept Precision Racing Team
6 Vincent Macklam Yorkshire RC
7 Richard Kipling MTS Cycle Sport
8 Paul Musgrave Clifton CC York
9 Justin Robinson Ferryhill Wheelers CC
10 Craig Gath Selby CC

Well done Paul - but how did you manage 8th?