Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by sjworldwide@hotmail.com Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:50 pm
Brian and Stacey are doing Race Across America this year as a Mixed pair. We believe we will be the first Mixed pair from the UK to do this and we are looking for crew to be part of it.

The race is quoted as being the Toughest Cycle Race in the World, is from 7 June for 9 days but we will fly out a bit before and stay at least a day afterwards. It is 3,000miles across desert, Rockies, 15 States, 150 communities and an adventure. This is RAAM.

We are looking for people to take part in this exciting adventure and there are loads of roles, from gopher to bike mechanics. We do not have any bike mechanics yet ....... As crew you will have responsibility for your own areas, from bike mechanics to drivers, navigators, motivators, masseurs, cooks, strateticians, progress monitors (of fuel, liquids of the riders, progress against target etc. etc.) and so much more.

If you would like to be part of this please contact either Brian or Stacey:
Brian: justsweat@Hotmail.com
Stacey: sjworldwide@hotmail.com (07739078654).

For more information on the race see www.raceacrossamerica.org

We will be putting more on Brians website in the next few weeks too.

f you know businesses that want to get involved as crew or sponsors please do shout.

by Dave B Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:13 pm
As a follow-up to the RAAM posting a while back, I happened upon this article on the Bikeradar website which might be worth a look;

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/f ... e-11-16802

A completely unrelated snippet I thought I'd drop in for Nick S. - the same website has a forum with a "Road Beginners" section which potentially looks like a good place to post a quick plug for our "Come & Try It" TT. Let me know if you'd like such a posting putting on there.

Dave B

by NickScull Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:50 pm
Hi Dave
Yes please - the more publicity the better.
Good luck to Brian and Stacey.

by Dave B Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:35 am
Hi Nick,

Message posted on that forum as promised, including links to web page & publicity poster.

Dave B