Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by AndrewM Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:40 am
Either this weekend or next, will be cycling back from my parents in the North East and I'm looking to work around a cafe stop near Thirsk, can anyone recommend one?

Many thanks.

by Tullio Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:59 am
There's a very nice Cafe in Kilburn, just east of Thirsk under the White Horse.

I believe Howard has been through the whole menu there (not all at once) and gives it the Dudley Seal for Good Tucker!

by AndrewM Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:54 am
PaulC wrote:There's a very nice Cafe in Kilburn, just east of Thirsk under the White Horse.

I believe Howard has been through the whole menu there (not all at once) and gives it the Dudley Seal for Good Tucker!

Cheers Paul, I've seen him in action.

If he's in there before me, I'll keep on to York as I'll be home before he's finished ordering.

by Tullio Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:58 am
If Howard gets there before you there'll be nothing left anyway

by Dr Dave Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:42 pm
To be fair I had to cajole him into having a dessert last Saturday - wasn't that hard though :)

by Tullio Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:07 pm
Urgent update from Kevin, our cafe Tzar

"

I see you recommended Kilburn Cafe to Andrew (M) on the Discussion Board.

Unfortunately Kilburn Cafe (Mousey Thompson Visitor Centre) is Closed till Easter Weekend (22-23 rd March).

At Thirsk in the town centre (Main Square), virtually opposite the Pedestrian Crossing, on the Left Hand Side as viewed looking backing to YK& the A-19.
There is a nice Cafe set back on cobbles, (wood floors, but good food).
I cannot remember its name, but Howard (Egon Ronay) has sampled the food there, & was suitably impressed, last May.

"

Seems Howard's got that one under his belt too!