Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by moraygreig Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:40 am
hello folks

I'm new(ish) to york and so I thought i'd ask the locals about where is good to ride! it's rather sad to say but i'm a rather out of shape mountain biker looking for some mountains! any info would be great!

thanks

Moray

by Tullio Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:44 am
Moray,

Welcome to York!

Why not come and join us for a ride on Sunday? See separate thread for details.

I can't promise you 'mountains' but we'll show you York isn't all flat.

by PhilBixby Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:18 am
"I can't promise you 'mountains'..."

Oh I dunno - I just looked in on here to relieve the boredom of form-filling for a planning application and I reckon the paperwork I'm churning out would challenge even the hardiest MTB'er...

by moraygreig Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:40 am
haha

maybe I was I liitle over zealous when i said "mountains" I'm perfectly happy with a bit of bumpy ground! I can't make this sunday but I'm keen to join you guys for a ride some other time. How often do you guys head out on mountain bikes? I'm guessing from the website it's a mostly road biking club.

by Tullio Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:55 am
We go off road at least once a month but more often during better weather.

In between there's ad-hoc rides around Dalby Forest and local competition in the form of Trailquesting www.nymbo.org.uk which some of us compete in.

Feel free to suggest a ride yourself..you'll usually get takers.

by Arthur Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:57 pm
There's a mtb section on the website! Look there for some stuff we do and here for more ad-hoc stuff.