Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by MarkA Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:13 pm
Looking at the auk page it would appear entry on the line is ok but possibly subject to surcharge of an extra pound

http://www.aukweb.net/cal/calsolo.php?Ride=08-988

For those who fancy a shorter, flatter ride with a slightly later start there is also

http://www.aukweb.net/cal/calsolo.php?Ride=08-987

Will try to confirm with organiser but i suspect it will be possible to be flexible on the day depending on weather etc

I will get my entry in the post tomorrow for 110 version hoping for the best!

In the mean time i suggest we err on the side of caution and go for an earlier start than normal - say 8:00 from the square, as promptly as possible as might be a bit chilly that time in the morning.

10 miles out to Tockwith we should have time to sign on and get a cup of tea before the 9am. Expect about 90 miles on clock if riding out. Or see you in Tockwith.

by Helen Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:47 am
Guys

The shorter route is a great way to try out some new lanes if you normal ride
out in the wolds or howardian hills. It is a very accesable route for new riders and a good first audax.
Is there anyone who would like to volunter to lead a group round ?

Helen

by AndrewM Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:56 am
Helen, looking at the hilly route, is it that hilly?

ie, any more hilly than what we did on Sunday?

Many thanks.

by Helen Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:21 am
Andrew

It is a lot more hilly than last week.Jordens is a proper triple ring climb and the route out and back is lumpier.
I think you will be better of doing the flatter ride because it will help you build up where as the hilly ride would turn into a real endurance trial and take some time to recover from.
Treat this weekend as a chance to have good but not exhausting ride.Hopefully get something in during the week and join us on the 2nd March when the Sunday run will be doing the Cockayne loop.
It which has a fair amount of climbing, lumpy out to Helmsey, a stiff middle section and some good drags back in to York.

Helen

by AndrewM Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:33 am
Thanks Helen, I'll stick with the easier one!