Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Helen Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:25 am
Hi Everyone

Following on from the AGM I am putting together a Sunday runs list.

If you have any suggestions recafes or destinations please send them on to me.

I will be out every weekend (starting from the 10th feb) and need people to step up to lead the rides on the alternate weekends.
Don't worry if you haven't led a ride before.Whats important is that someone is there at the square and says lets start.
Riders are responsible for themselves.
All you need is a route, which I can provide,a cafe choice and other than that we don't leave anyone behind.

So please send me your name and let me know which Sundays you can do.

Helen

by Helen Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:09 pm
Guys

I should have said the rota should kick of from the 10/02 and I plan to be out every other weekend starting from the 17/02.
Any volunteers to lead this weekends ride?

Helen

by stevesavage Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:03 pm
I will be there on Sunday to lead the club run. Destination Fountains Abbey and cafe stop at Ripley Castle. Finer details to be worked out on the day. Distance approx 65-70 miles - mostly flat with a few lumps and bumps near Fountains. Shorter option available via train back from Knaresborough.

Thanks to Helen for volunteering to take on every other weekend. It would be really good if we could get a rota sorted out to cover the rest of the weeks. There are enough riders who have riden with the club long enough to step up to do this. You might even enjoy it! I think the Sunday club run is too important to the club to not support it.

by Helen Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:50 am
Steve

Thankyou for stepping up to take this weekends ride.

Helen

by stevesavage Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:48 pm
There are 2 Audaxes starting from Tockwith on Sunday 24 Feb. Maybe we should base the Sunday club run on these. There is a choice of Brett's Brevet (101km) or Brett's Hilly (110km). See link for details:
http://www.amkirby.co.uk/NYDA/NYDAEvnts.htm
(Thanks to Ian for info)

What a great opportunity for someone to volunteer to be Captain for the day....

by Helen Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:55 am
Steve

You are right both routes look good.
Are there any volunteers to lead a club run on either route?
I will let people know via the weekly update

Helen

by Arthur Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:57 am
The 110km route looks excellent. I'd like to go but can't commit. If I'm there, I'm there.

by MarkA Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:24 pm
Sorry been out of action recently - just catching up!

I will be happy to take group round the 110km route if that is peoples preference

It is a bit of an early start though - 9am from Tockwith!

Also looks like organiser would like people to pre-enter, extra £1 on the day.

So if interested i suggest printing off a form and getting it in the post ASAP

by Helen Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:59 pm
Mark

Unless there is any more feed back I will add a note to the weekly update that you will lead a ride on that route

Helen

by Arthur Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Ok. Currently we have 'Club run to Cockayne' in the calendar for that date. Could someone please update it to reflect whatever is agreed?

Cheers,

Arthur