Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Andy J Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:45 pm
Just an update folks, I have received an email from Steve Reid @ Cycle Heaven today showing their current stock levels of club kit. Amongst this vast list are some skinsuits which were asked for by some of you, could I please urge you to go down there and collect these if you have specifically placed an order for one.

I have now taken on the responsibility of club clothing from Phil who has done a fantastic job over the past couple of years, so should you have any questions or wish to give feedback in any way regarding the garments then please contact me at andyjohno23@aol.com

Regards Andy

by nickb Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:51 pm
How much are the skinsuits in the end?

by Andy J Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:26 pm
Cycle heaven have put a retail price of £69.95 on the skinsuits, my understanding is that you will get 10% discount on this price so should be approx £63.

by Arthur Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:48 pm
Do we know whose are whose? Some of them were longer than others

Cheers,

Arthur

by PhilBixby Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:11 pm
The skinsuit sizing should be as follows:-

Mark A size 9+
Arthur size 9++
Nick B size 9
Nige Gos x2 at size 9-
Iain M size 8
Steve W size 8

Plus there will be three for stock.

by PhilBixby Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:56 pm
Just to confirm, the stock skinsuits should be sizes 8+ (a slightly taller size 8 ), 9 and 10.

by Arthur Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:39 pm
Ta. Will pop down on Saturday.

by nige gos Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:57 am
thanks - can't get their while monday - at work now n all w/end

by SteveWood Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:04 am
Just picked mine up, havn't tried it on yet (hope I have got the right size) although it looks quite small. Members price = £55.

by MarkA Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:10 pm
Members price = £55.

You did v well to get it for that Steve :)

Officially Andy was correct

Cycle heaven have put a retail price of £69.95 on the skinsuits, my understanding is that you will get 10% discount on this price so should be approx £63

I did indeed just pay 63 for mine but looks v nice!

by PhilBixby Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:55 pm
I'd originally suggested the price would be about £55 on the basis of the list price, P&P, VAT and similar mark-up to that CH had put on jerseys etc. Since I'd done all the legwork of getting the sizings sorted and agreed with the manufacturer and since Andy's sorted out getting you all down there to pick the kit up and pay for it, I'd hate to think CH were charging lots more than they cost. Any which are bought for stock are a different matter, but these were only bought through CH rather than direct from manufacturer because it was simpler....

by nickb Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:25 pm
I thought 69.99 was a ridiculous price so i looked back through to the original post about the skinsuits and Phil had quoted £55 before the order was confirmed.

Went in and got mine on sunday and they nearly charged me £63 until i said they should be £55. They said 'ok, we dont really know what's going on with them' but i think the pre-ordered ones are costing this but the stock ones will be the full price.

Its a bit confusing but im pleased with mine and its a good fit.