Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by IanH Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:01 pm
Thanks Arthur.

by Dr Dave Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:00 pm
Just downloaded the pdf. I wonder what the pioneers of the early years of the club would think if they could have known that we would still be riding a Reliability in 2007. How would they view our ability to obtain mapping in such a way?

by cath Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:28 pm
They'd think we'd all gone soft - what with maps, gears, global warming and tarmac....

by Dr Dave Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:30 am
Forecast improving - now for light rain only :)

by mal Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:53 pm
Dr Dave wrote:Just downloaded the pdf. I wonder what the pioneers of the early years of the club would think if they could have known that we would still be riding a Reliability in 2007. How would they view our ability to obtain mapping in such a way?

If you count 40 odd years ago as an early year we went east, up Garrowby - Fimber X roads - malton - sproxton - thirsk - easingwold (I think). You might find that some of them early pioneers are still riding, and as for maps - the club captain kept it in his pocket, but, by some arcane cyslist's art, everybody knew the route anyway. Oh and it rained/snowed then as well - but harder, colder, deeper and more often.