Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Andy J Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:18 pm
Richmond 5 Dales Cyclosportive 24th May 08

A choice of three routes, 100/80/50 miles are on offer.

Changing facilities, showers, refreshments and ample parking at the start/ finish. Sportident are providing the timing this year and there are three food stations on route, entry fee is £15 and you can enter online.
This is a good alternative to the Etape du Dales/ White Rose Challenge
for those who were unsuccessful in gaining entry to these events.

www.richmondcyclingclub.co.uk

by IanH Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:09 am
Just got my entry in.

Thanks Andy

by mal Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:57 am
I'm in for the 100 too.

by Jon G Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:13 pm
I would do this if it wasnt on a Saturday. Who decides to hold sportives on a Saturday?

by Dr Dave Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:29 pm
People who want to attract those who are busy/work on Sundays?

by nickb Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:15 pm
And so you can rest sunday and not be like a total zombie at work monday morning! I actually think its a nice change. Im going to enter...
by dave c Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:16 pm
I have just entered, thanks Andy

by Willy H Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:31 am
The Richmond ride gets you to new places further North where we normally don't get to: How many approache routes to Tan Hill have you done?

Last year quite a few Cliftonites entered and enjoyed the huge quantities of, if I remember correctly, chocolate brownies and flapjack at the finish.

Richmond is a pretty active club, so it's good to support them, pity they've not been down to one of our big rides, maybe we can do somthing about this.

Oh, and here is another reason for a Saturday event: it attracts Eager Beavers who like to ride a full weekend of sportive riding: Sat as well as Sun!

by Jon G Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:58 pm
I wasn't critisising the fact that this is held on a Saturday its just that it was inconvenient for me thats all on that particular weekend. Sorry if it came across the wrong way and up set anyone. Its just I had this problem last myear with alot of date clashes which meant I could not take part in as many events I would have liked.

by mal Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:21 pm
[quote="Willy H"]

Last year quite a few Cliftonites entered and enjoyed the huge quantities of, if I remember correctly, chocolate brownies and flapjack at the finish.

quote]

AND BLOODY GOOD THEY WERE TOO!

by Dr Dave Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:37 pm
mal wrote:
Willy H wrote:

quote]

AND BLOODY GOOD THEY WERE TOO!

In that case I might enter!

by Dr Dave Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:07 pm
I've never done a 'proper' sportif before and was wondering - there's no mention on their web-site of start location or time. Do they mail you with this stuff?