Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:17 pm
It's turbo training time and I'm getting rather bored of my two cycling dvds.

I have the 2002 tour (2 disk set) and "Road to Paris".

Anyone interested in swapping for something else either temporarily or permanently?

by PhilBixby Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:15 pm
I've got the multiple-DVD set of the 2003 TdF which I find I can watch any number of times but would happily do a temp swap. I've also got Hell on Wheels which I'll happily lend you if it'll help maintain your tenuous grip on reality, likewise 2003 Liege-Bastogne-Liege/Fleche Wallone.

If you've got a PC and internet connection near your favourite turboing location, I thoroughly recommend cycling.tv! It's kept me sane! I'm a teapot!

by Arthur Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:54 pm
Excellent. I'm walking past your house tonight (going to the Crystal Palace). Can I pop in to do a temp swap?

by PhilBixby Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:12 pm
I'll be out (off to Leeds climbing wall shortly) but will sort out getting them shuttled around sometime within the next few days - I'll email you.

by paulM Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:42 pm
You're both mad - not just for turbo training but for admitting in public that you watch pro cycling on dvd. I too paid money for the 2003 Tour - I thought at the time it was the best Tour ever - now we know all the key players were riding on more than enthusiasm - except the bloke who won who was never caught. I haven't watched it all the way through yet but you can have it if you want it Arthur?

by PhilBixby Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 am
I know what you mean, Paul. There's still something horribly compelling about watching it though, even when you're not sure who's on what. In fact it can still make good viewing even when you DO know who's on what - I bought Hell on Wheels after Zabel and Aldag's confessions, and it's still a good insight, even if you're aware of the backdrop of doping.

Anyway, hold on, I'm being called "mad" by the bloke who did Tan Hill on the shortest Sunday of the year in temperatures of minus two?!? Pot? Kettle?! :wink:

by Tullio Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:45 am
Sportive Riders Do It With The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

:lol:

by Arthur Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:34 pm
PaulM - turbotraining is far sadder than admitting to watching dvds :)

I'll give you beer tokens for the dvd if you don't want it any more.

by AndrewM Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:30 pm
PhilBixby wrote:This looks a good bet for the turbo when it comes out - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=buQGibzq8 ... re=related (thanks to the CTC weekly newsletter for linking to it)

I've got A Sunday in Hell, which I'm lending to Howard and you're welcome to it once he's finished if you haven't seen it already.

Looking at that trailer, Armstrong never rode it, did he?

by PhilBixby Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:27 pm
Sounds good Andrew - if I can retrieve Hell on Wheels from Arthur sometime I'll lend you that in return.

I think you're right about Armstrong; he must have shared Chris Boardman's view (which I thought was a fabulous quote - "It's a circus, and I don't want to be one of the clowns")...

by AndrewM Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:30 pm
I've got Hell on Wheels, also another one involving Team CSC which is ok as well.

by PhilBixby Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:30 am
I gave "Overcoming" to a female colleague who reckoned Basso's doe eyes could make her forgive everything. Sadly, I was unable to see it the same way after the Operacion Puerto affair, although Jens Voigt emerges from it all seeming like a thoroughly decent bloke.

by Arthur Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:18 pm
Phil - I'll drop both your dvds round

by PhilBixby Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:38 pm
Give a bell before and I'll give you yours back too - thanks Arthur!