Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:03 pm
Team,

Don't know if plans were laid last week, but in case they weren't and to prevent lengthy discussions in a chilly Exhibition Square, here's my suggestion:

Let's go for a 9am prompt start and I've got a route along the edge of the Wolds taking in the 3rd Cat climb of Howsham, the 2nd Cat Climb of Norton Wold and the 1st cat climb of Birdsal Brow. Then a flat run in via Pock, Fang Foss and Stamford Bridge (to drop off the E Yorkshire contingent). About 60 miles in, say, 3.5 hours?

Route has a bit of everything and its always going to be a compromise.

R

by nickb Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:06 pm
1st cat climb!?

Sounds good to me Rob, although ill only be able to make sunday if my new cassette comes tommorow!

by Rob Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:26 pm
nickb wrote:1st cat climb!?

.....by the Wolds standards, which puts Nunburneholme at Haute Catogrie (or however you spell it??)... but we're not going there :D unless you really really want to of course :?:

by Andy J Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:32 pm
I should be out but will have to see how I go, been ill this week you see. Route sounds good to me, bit of everything as you say.

by nickb Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:04 pm
New cassette not turned up but i got by today. Weather looks rubbish, 50/50 chance of me being there in the morning! I dont want to ride for 60 miles in the rain :oops: