Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by MarkA Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 am
I thought it may assist in gathering info for weekly update if we resurrected the idea of a weekend update?

Seems to have been quite a lot going on?

I bumped into Willy in Sainsburys Sat (in cycling gear!) who reported about 8 out Sat morning with half a dozen turning up for the training ride? Willy rode back in good company to get home in time for some personal admin.

I was out Sun but spotted Andy Jonno and Charlie + 1 more cruising along near Sand Hutton - just the 30 or so flattish miles for me but better than nothing!

Good to catch up with Dan and Tim Sat night - you may remember Tim did the BBC report having participated in our "have a go" t de f time trial along with Dan. Swapped mtb and running notes. They are currently riding with group who set off earlyish and get in family friendly couple of hours - maybe we should do some rides like this?

My entry for Scotton in the post today - along with membership renewal form and subs for Phil!

by Tullio Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:43 am
Good idea about the 'family friendly' times. I often nip out for a few miles with some other parents locally.

Gill was out Saturday with Kevin and reported 11 or 12 riders! Think Willy missed a few in the distance :wink:. A brisk and hilly 70miles around some of the Reliability route to prepare some 'virgin' entrants for what to look forward to - apparently.

Gill was out again Sunday morning with Ruth and Steph W for a 40 mile loop and I took off in the afternoon with Tony for nearly 70 miles around Fewston and Menwith. A bit chilly in the wind but a clear day and spectacular views from the tops along Nidderdale.

by PhilBixby Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:34 pm
Daughter's birthday (it's a bit like a major state occasion, which stretches over nearly a week) meant I had cake icing to do so I nipped out early on Saturday for a solo 3hrs out through Bramham/Thorner - blue skies and all very lovely. Had work to do on Sunday and the only available spare time was filled with putting up the display/noticeboard at CH! I may yet get out on a club ride this year...

by IanH Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:57 pm
I went on Kevin's ride on Saturday with a cafe stop at Hovingham.

On sunday I got the opportunity to go on the club ride. Bernard Helen and myself rode out over the Wolds and had a cafe stop at Little Weighton.

After the Christmas indulgences and the extra weight I have put on it was good to get all the extra miles in, and again thanks to Kevin and Bernard for 2 enjoyable rides.

by Rob Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:06 pm
Well I'd like to report lots of riding, but the Outlaws were moving house so we were on hand with Black and Decker. Got some good mid week riding last week and this and will be a regular on Sunday training from this week. See you there!

by Andy J Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:40 pm
I got out with Nick B saturday afternoon for a brisk couple of hours out around Hovingham, Sunday saw four of us out for three hours around Nunburnholme and Huggate, just for a change I punctured and was part way through fixing it when Bernard and company cruised past on the club run.
by nickb Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:43 pm
MarkA wrote:
I was out Sun but spotted Andy Jonno and Charlie + 1 more cruising along near Sand Hutton - just the 30 or so flattish miles for me but better than nothing!

The + 1 was me! :D

by paulM Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:32 pm
I managed an hour and a half on Sat afternoon on the well ridden roads around Sheriff Hutton. On Sunday Caths parents offered to take Peter off our hands so we had a three hour ride on a slightly extended version of the Gally Gap / Malton / Terrington circuit. It was almost springlike and a pleasant change from other rides I've done recently. We've both being struggling with colds so are taking things carefully at the moment.
I hope to be fully recovered by Sunday however for a training ride from the square.

by Arthur Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:21 am
I was full of cold all weekend. There's a theme here isn't there. Anyone would think it was winter or something

by mal Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:56 pm
I'm definitely in good grumpy mode at the moment. The saturday ride was a super route but I failed singularly to rise to the spirit of the day by slouching off the back, struggling up anything remotely approaching a climb and slinking off home before the lunch stop. And on top of that I was too late to get an entry in Etape du Dales.

Such a surfeit of misery gladdens the heart.

by Jon G Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:10 pm
They have opened more online entries on the Etape du Dales Website if your quick