Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Dr Dave Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:20 am
Much angst on Saturday am for the Social ride when Kevin was nowhere to be seen. Howard reported that our beloved leader was ill! Not to fear though as a detailed itinerary had been passed on to Howard - as well as the leader's mantle!

10 riders left the square for a trip to Crayke cafe via Bossall, Howsham, Lepington (?), Malton, Terrington & Hovingham (for some ;) ).

At one point the 10 riders were somewhat widely distributed over the Howardian Hills (pun intended!) with some early returners, some eager beavers and some 'running out of gas' but 5 hardy stalwarts got as far as the cafe where large platefuls were gupled down before a gentle cruise back to town.

Seventy miles on the clock - not bad for the Saturday mob on the shortest Saturday of the year - thanks Howard.

by Rob Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:41 pm
We were away for the weekend visiting parents in Nottingham, but I rode back today - 101 miles "on the cog". Interesting route to begin with up through The Dukeries, then less entertaining as I dropped onto the truly flat lands through SYorks and N Lincs and as the weather got a bit damp near Crowle I'd about had enough. Still, kept the gear ticking over with an average speed for the day not far from 18. Hope to get back out in company again over the Xmas break.

R