Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Thu May 25, 2006 3:06 pm
Guys,

Its the Dales Grimpeur on Saturday week. Last year we met up Chez Scull and consolidated cars before driving across, all chipping in for petrol. OK to do it this way again? I can take our car plus roof rack (carries 4 bikes).

There was talk last year of camping in Pateley on Friday night, but I can't manage this - up to the rest of you.

Its an 0800 start, need to be there 0730-0745 to fettle bikes and have a bite to eat etc. Realistically this means leaving York at 0630 prompt.

What do you reckon?

Rob

And by the way, who's riding which distance?

by BroomWagon Thu May 25, 2006 8:52 pm
Is chez Scull's at Copmanthorpe, think I know where it is but not sure.

by BroomWagon Thu May 25, 2006 8:55 pm
and I'm still thinking of doing the long ride as I still fancy getting that Audax altitude award.

by Rob Thu May 25, 2006 9:08 pm
Its in Bishopthorpe.
If they OK the rendez-vous there I'll send a map to your email address.

Am sure Arthur will do the long one with you.

Am looking forward to this ride a lot! :D

by BroomWagon Fri May 26, 2006 7:18 pm
It's ok Rob, I think I know where it is anyway, first right over the bridge? I don't know the house number, not that that matters, I shall just look for the house with the cars and bikes outside.

by NickScull Fri May 26, 2006 9:02 pm
first right after the bridge into Bridge Road then straight over into Newlands Road.

we are at 9c right at the end of the cul de sac

you're welcome to park here, just don't wake me up!

Nick

by BroomWagon Wed May 31, 2006 8:26 am
Cheers Nick, shame you're not doing the ride, but I think I've changed my mind as I'll probably (always have the kids to sort out) be late anyway so I think I will meet you all there. I also think I've changed my mind about doing the long event. I think I'll do what the majority do. Shame though because it will leave me 0.5 of a point off the altitude award if I do the middle ride. Still if I did the long ride I reckon I probably wouldn't finish till about 8PM and that's a heck of a long day. Still if majority change their mind on the day and go for the long one I'd certainly be up for that.

Who's doing the ride by the way, Rob, Arthur, Willy, me - anyone else?

by Arthur Wed May 31, 2006 8:48 am
I've got to bow out. I've had a cold I can't shift for a long time now, and bashing round the Dales isn't going to help things. Sorry.

Arthur
by wheelsucker jones Wed May 31, 2006 12:28 pm
Well chaps,

with a couple of tough lessons learnt from last year's event, I've modded the Airborne with some serious mountain climbing gears: 39/34. :shock:

The issue now is: can I scrounge a lift for me and my bike in someone's car on Saturday? Will ofcourse split the petrol costs.

Are the meeting arrangements the same as last year?

Regards,

Stuart

by stevesavage Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:59 pm
I can give a couple of people a lift from town. How about:

Rob/Helen/Nick/Stuart in Rob's car from B'thorpe
Me/Willy/Mark in my car from town
Iain and Steve are making their own way

Have I missed anyone out?

by Rob Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:25 am
Sounds like a good plan.
I don't know of anybody else.

Weather looks good - might even get my legs out!

R