Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Dr Dave Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:16 pm
I am considering a week's cycling somewhere warmer than the UK (last week Feb) and have stumbled across www.veloventoux.com. Their website mentions that members of the Clifton have spent holidays/training camps there. Anyone with experience to share?

Can anyone can recommend any other companies?

Thanks!

by PhilBixby Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:52 am
No personal experience of veloventoux but they're highly rated by the climbing people I used in that area this summer (who in turn are excellent). It's wonderful cycling territory - not sure what the weather's like in Feb tho - and easy to get to by Eurostar/TGV with a bagged bike.

by Arthur Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:32 am
I've stayed with them and highly recommend them. Say hi to Craig from me :)

by Arthur Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:34 am
Other companies - I also highly recommend Gastrobiking (http://www.gastrobiking.com/). There are a little further north in the Vecor, and work with VeloVentoux so it's easy to stay at both places in one holiday.

I'd go a little later in the year than Feb to the Vercor. Bit chilly! It shouldn't be too bad in Provence but you'll not be going up Mont Ventoux :(