Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by James Milner Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:47 am
Following the latest update from CTT it's looking like there is a possibility that we may be able to resume the TT series in July.

Under current Covid 19 regulations all Time Trials both type A (open) events and type B (club) events are suspended up until 30th June. New government guidance is expected to be announced on 4th July which may lead to a relaxation of rules which allow us to hold type B events from 6th July.

That being the case our first event of the season would take place on the Sheriff, Whenby, Brandsby course on the 9th July. There would be subsequent events on the V212 Boroughbridge/Walshford course on the 16th, Crayke, Brandsby, Yearsley on the 23rd and Sutton on the 30th.

In addition to these York Cycleworks have planned 4 events on the Wheldrake course for the 4 Thursdays in August. Cycleworks have asked if we could run these events as they are currently too busy in the shop to run them themselves. These events are open to Clifton members in any case and, I would propose that, in this exceptional year, could count towards our own club TT championship, which would give us a total of 8 qualifying events for the season. In addition I would propose that the number of qualifying events be reduced to 4 from the usual 5, subject to competitors volunteering to help with organisation in at least one event.

This is currently all theoretical and still subject to government and the CTT giving us the go ahead to run these events. Hopefully we can look forward to a couple of months of racing in front of us and the chance to put all our lockdown training to good use!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests