Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by James Milner Fri May 08, 2020 2:55 pm
Just further to my recent posts regarding this year’s suspended TT series and suggestion that people may like to ride these courses in their own time.

It has come to my attention that there have been some complaints received by CTT concerning clubs running informal TT series.

I would therefore like to stress that these events are neither sanctioned nor encouraged by Clifton CC and are not covered by any club or CTT insurance policy. Anyone riding at the moment, on whichever roads they may choose to ride, do so entirely at their own risk. I’m sure you’re all aware of that anyway!

Stay safe out there.

Happy cycling.
by DavidShort Fri May 08, 2020 6:41 pm
Spot on James and well done for keeping interest going for everyone in these difficult times. 'Something to aim at', as Tommy Simpson once said! It's a great idea and should be treated in the spirit it is intended. No Strava bragging rights or hero awards. Keep it safe, keep it fun and don't give anyone the chance to complain and get the club a bad name. I'm going to have a go!

Kind regards David