Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:07 pm
The Saturday riders got the betrter of the weather, but how did it all go?

Heard that Kevin had a good size group heading out to Knaresborough - how was it? The training ride went to the Wolds. Someone had a "chute" - hope all OK? Please let us know.

There were 6 hardy souls braving the elements on Sunday. Wasn't too bad once you were out and pedaling. Unfortunately we had to stop pedaling when we had punctures.... and there were 4 of them. Circuitous route to Helmesley cafe, then Hawnby and up the back of Boltby Bank. Back via Sutton, Kilburn and Coxwold. Only 70 odd miles and felt a fair bit further. Well done to Howard and Jon, stepping up from the Saturday run.

When I got home Claire went out for 2 hours in the dark - commitment with a capital c!

by Arthur Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:34 pm
I haven't ridden my bike all weekend. But on the plus side, I'm now married :)

by Rob Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:39 pm
Arthur wrote: But on the plus side, I'm now married :)

Hey, well done guys! 8)

by Tullio Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:19 am
Congratulations Arthur!

9 of us headed to Coed-y-Brenin in West Snowdonia for a weekend of MTBing.

Despite gloomy forecasts the weather Gods looked kindly on us and we must have been one of the few places in the country with (almost) no rain.

Saturday we had a full day in the Forest with 2 separate day rides out in mild and dry weather. We had a little, light rain for the night riding in the evening, but not enough to worry about waterproofs.

After Pasta and a Pool competition in the Bunkhouse, where the boys demonstrated their superior grasp of the game :? with an emphatic victory over the girls, we snuggled down for the night listening to the storms outside.

Sunday we woke to another clear day and full day of riding in the forest, then drove home through rain, sleet and snow! Fun weekend had by all.

by Andy J Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:46 pm
I headed out on the saturday training ride, group of 9 were out for 55 miles up Givendale and round by Millington Pastures with a flat run back through Stamford. Sunday was the first time this year Ive not been able to feel my fingers, to the point that I only knew if I had changed gears by wether the resistace at the pedals changed or not. It was a great ride with Muzzy and Rob taking us on lanes that were new to me.