Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by MichaelJeffrey Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:33 am
HNY everyone. I've just posted on the YCW site a list of all the TT events for this coming season. There are three new courses for which I don't have the Strava segments; but I will add these as soon as I get them. The full list can be seen at https://www.yorkcycleworks.com/events/time-trials.

I am particularly looking forward to the new Crayke, Brandsby Yearsley course which will be a great mixture of sharp hills and fast flat sections.

YCW are running 4 Wheldrake events during August so the season will be extended this year. The August events are not part of the SPOCO series so no points for these.

Mike Jeffrey
by craigdabrown Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:58 am
Hi Michael,

Great minds think alike, and all that.

I updated the series on the Clifton Website last night.

I've included the Boroughbridge -> Walshford courses from CTT and will add the Crayke course when we have a Strava (or similar) profile for it and the dates for the extra Cycleworks events on the Wheldrake circuit.

Craig
by craigdabrown Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:54 am
Just to make everyone aware...

There is now an item, Section 14. Competitors Machine Sub-section i, in the CTT Regulations about rear lights...

(i) No competitor shall be permitted to start either a Type A or Type B event unless such competitor has affixed to the rear of their machine a working rear red light, either flashing or constant, that is illuminated and in a position that is clearly visible to other road users.

So every competitor starting our events will now be required to have a rear light in place.
by DavidShort Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:55 pm
Cheers Craig & Michael

Here's to what I'm sure will be a great series led by the club's new TT Secretary James Milner. I'm sure we will give every support to James to make the series a success. Bring it on!

Kind regards David :lol:
by DavidShort Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:07 am
Just a note 're the YCW listing on the 27th August. This is in effect a pre booked date though it is not planned to run the event unless an earlier event has to be cancelled for whatever reason. It's a spare date and not a specific TT.

Kind regards David
by Dr Dave Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:52 pm
Just followed the link MIke posted to the York Cycleworks website - it is slightly ambiguous regarding whether or not Clifton CC members can enter all their events - they only specify YCW BC members, York Tri and Malton Wheelers members?

Can we seek clarification or get YCW to amend the wording??

Keep pedalling!
by d1ckson Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:17 pm
Thanks for all the info chaps and heads up regards a rear light. (I always use one anyway).
Looking forward to them starting! :D