Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:15 pm
Dear All,

First of all a huge thank you to everyone who volunteered and helped run the events in this years series. Without the commitment from volunteers we simply could not put the events on. Likewise, without competitors we would not have any events. A big well done to everyone who has taken part especially those who have had a go for the first time. It's been a great series with a total of 75 different competitors taking part and inter club involvement from York Cycleworks, York Tri, Malton Wheelers and VC York. There has been a really good turn out of junior competitors and female entries too though we could do with more. Unlike last year we have not been challenged by road works or bad weather. We had a couple of riders fall off on one event but this effectively dealt with by the organiser and properly recorded. On the subject of recording information, the standard of dynamic, ( on the night), risk assessments has been excellent this year. Well done organisers, take a bow!

I'm delighted that James Milner has agreed to take on the role of TT Secretary. James and I have spoken about options and he has some great ideas to take on the series to a new level. No pressure James!.

James and I are meeting at the Knavesmire pub at 7.30pm on Monday 5th August to do a hand over of admin and for James to formally take over in the role. The meeting will provide a good opportunity for everyone who has been involved in the series, either as a competitor or volunteer or of course both to contribute ideas which will help shape the future of the series. I extend an invitation to any member, especially those who are thinking of giving time trialling a go but have not as yet taken the plunge.

It would be great if Neil Kerry and Michael Jeffrey could come along. Neil and Michael have been very innovative in compiling results and setting up links to the York Cycleworks web site.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the role of TT secretary which I have done now for the past 5 years but its time now for someone with fresh ideas to take the series forward to the next level.

A big thanks to everyone for their support over the past 5 years. A special thanks to Craig, Bernard , Kevin, Dawn and Steve who have been a tremendous help.

Kind regards David
TT Secretary.