Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Kobald Sun May 19, 2019 9:41 pm
I’m up for organising this week - so hopefully see a few out racing on Thursday ready for sign on at 7pm
Cycleworks have done a good summary of the course. https://www.yorkcycleworks.com/events/time-trials
Bit easier than last week - but a bit longer :D
David - how many Marshall’s do we need for this course?
Cheers
Neil
by DavidShort Mon May 20, 2019 8:26 am
Thanks for volunteering to organise Neil. We need a minimum of 3 marshals. I'll be one. Bernard can't time keep this event so we need a timekeeper and a pusher off.

Kind regards David
by Kobald Tue May 21, 2019 7:35 pm
Thanks David.

We have 3 Marshall’s so all ready to go. Could do with a hand pushing off so may need a supporter / later rider to help.

I can just about stretch to timekeeping as well if needed so consider it all sorted and ready to go.

Let’s get as many riders on the course as we can while the weather is warm(ish) and fast....
by DavidShort Wed May 22, 2019 10:26 am
Hi Neil,
Many thanks for organising Thursday evenings event. Splendid! I'll phone Dave I'Anson tonight to see if he is up for time keeping. I'll take the marshal point in Brandsby village at the T junction. I live in Yearsley so I can just drop down the hill. I have a Hi viz jacket so just put me down on the marshal sign on sheet and I'll sign it at the first opportunity. I'm heading of to the Isle of Man on Friday so I need to get ready for that.

May I suggest that you place a red flag at the junction with the Sheriff Hutton Terrington road at the left turn into Whenby Lane. The main road has been surfaced dressed last week. It's safe to ride on but loose chippings are scatttered across the junction with Whenby Lane. I'd mark up the dynamic risk assessment to this effect and bring to the attention of competitors. If you have any problems don't hesitate to phone me on 077389 48080.

Here's looking forward to a good turn out, good weather, fast times and a safe event.

Cheers David
TT Sec'
by MichaelJeffrey Wed May 22, 2019 11:57 am
I had a look at the junction at the end of Whenby Lane last night and there are chippings scattered across most of it so caution is needed. I agree with David, that providing competitors are told it shouldn't present a problem. The road down the hill from Sheriff was swept this morning by the contractors and should be fine, provided that you keep away from the verge and away from the centre of the road where loose chippings persist.
by DavidShort Wed May 22, 2019 4:30 pm
Thank you for that Michael. For information of Neil the organiser, I've spoken to Dave I'Anson and he is happy to act as timekeeper. Bearing in mind this TT has a different start and finish Dave suggests he sets riders off and Neil could time competitors at the finish. Hopefully there will be someone who could act as pusher off.

Looks like we are good to go!

Kind regards David
TT Sec'