Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Graham R Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:47 pm
In the last couple of years through spring summer and early autumn I started to go out on a Thursday evening, last year I got involved with the TT and let this slip.
This year I would like to do this on a Wednesday evening starting on the 3rd April at 6.00 pm we used to do between 25 to 40 miles depending on who was riding, it's not a fast ride somewhere between J and a fast K ride pace no one is ever dropped. So if you want some more miles in the legs, recovering or just a bit of a social please come along.
We used to set off from Pulleyns in Haxby but for this year I suggest Haxby cycles it's off the road and easy to find or meet at mine at Skelton for 5.30 pm and cycle across there is plenty of parking. I hope we can get a few to come along I think the most we had out was 12 and of all abilities, look forward to seeing you on the 3rd

Regards

Graham R
by Graham R Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:47 pm
Last week there were 5 out and considering the weather not bad, tomorrow's ride is a bit of a mixture, Haxby Strensall Flaxton Lilling Sheriff onto Whenby towards Skewsby and then across to Brandsby Craye and Sutton on the Forest, we can split here some can go to Pottery lane and Strensall otherwise to Wigginton mill lane I did rough guesstimate its approx 30 miles.
Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
by Graham R Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:26 am
Steady ride, from Haxby Cycles, Strensall, Pottery lane, Farlington, Brandsby, Crayke, Easingwold, Alne, Tollerton , Shipton, then the choice of Overton or back road to Skelton.
Meet at 6.00pm, leaving approx 6.15pm due to work commitments from one of the group.
by Graham R Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:00 pm
Just two out, myself and Craig B as others had late work commitments and others on holiday, headed out through Haxby and Strensall towards Farlington and then Brandsby picked up a tailwind from there to Easingwold and quick progress was made (it was supposed to be a leisurley ride) back through Alne Tollerton and Shipton, we parted ways at Skelton by then I had 37 miles on the clock.
Craig as usual was good company and provided a good lead out, hope to see a few more in the next few weeks, I will post next week's route Monday.
by Graham R Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:35 pm
Usual place 6pm out through Wigginton Shipton Newton Linton
Aldwark Whixley then turn towards York to the Knavesmire for monthly meet.
Due to being away next weekend I may not be out, if not I will catch up the following week.
by Graham R Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:59 pm
6.00pm at Haxby Cycles, after a week off and more food and drink that is the norm including a trip to Belgium off out onwards Yearsley, Oulston, Husthwaite, Easingwold and either back through Alne or Stillington, nice forecast so should be steady away.
by Graham R Tue May 07, 2019 7:24 am
Morning everyone, due to changes at work I cannot commit to the Wednesday evening ride for the forseeable future this will also affect me being able to assist on Thursdays at the TT, this is short notice but i only found out this morning once thisngs are more focused then hopefully I can get back to helping.
Enjoy your rides and hope some one will else will take up the reins.
regards
Graham