Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by KirkV Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:56 am
Hi,

Firstly I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Kirk and I have joined Clifton as of last week! I've been cycling for two years now and thought it is about time I joined a club to get to know a few more like minded people. I live up in Tollerton and have spotted you guys heading through on some of the weekend rides.

Hopefully I can get some quick responses on this as the club clothing store closes today. I'm looking to order a jersey and pair of bib shorts (Ascent varieties) but having read some of the other forum posts I am unsure what sizes to get. I currently wear a large in castelli, I'm 6ft tall and 79kg, but my measurements (38" chest, 32" waist, 36" hips) put me into the medium size for Pactimo according to their sizing chart. Would you advise going with the medium or sticking with large? I don't want to spend money on them and not be able to fit into them given the no return policy. Any info or past experience would be much appreciated!

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you on the weekend rides, and at next years TT series and chain gang.

Kirk
by DavidShort Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:17 pm
A very warm welcome to the club Kirk!
I'm afraid I can't help you on the clothing front, I've not bought anything via the Pactimo onine store yet but if you scroll down the threads on the discussion board there is one pertaining to the subject which includes a video which may answer your queries.

You will be most welcome to the TT series. I'll be putting together the 2019 programme as soon as me and Suzie are back from our month cycling around the Czech republic.

Once again a very warm welcome.

Kind regards David

TTSecretary
by dave c Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:32 pm
In my experience, you, at least, need to keep to the same size as your castelli, certainly no smaller. I am normally medium but the Pactimo ss jersey is a bit on the short side. Don't know about the shorts.

Cheers

Dave