Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:38 pm
How was it then guys?

Great clubrun today. It was a "good to be alive" sort of day.

by Tullio Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:24 pm
6 of us were at the Lightwater Valley MTB Race today. The weather was perfect and the lack of rain meant the course was mostly free of serious mud.

Seb got a commendable 6th in the Junior class. His first XC race so well done Seb and he's got 2 more years in this Category so he'll only get stronger.

The girls had a good battle in the Ladies class. Despite being full of cold, Gill got a great 6th place knocking about 10 mins off last years time. Steph F, in her first XC race, came 2nd and would have probably done even better if she hadn't got lost :roll: (not a good advert for a keen Trailquester!). Well done Steph and watch out for her on her new road bike next year.

Chris C improved on last year's time and position to come a respectable 9th in the Sports Cat.

Andy J was also there but I'm unsure of his results.

Great 'team' day out and all for charity too, which makes it feel sweeter.

by Andy J Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:38 pm
Saturday saw 8/9 of us leave the square at 10 for a 3 1/2 hour training ride taking nice quiet roads to Ripon, back through Markington and Cattal, I had 70 miles on the clock door to door. Many thanks to Authur and Dave for guiding us around. Toady the club run took us out to Pately Bridge with spectacular views from the top of Yorkes Folly right up Nidderdale, clear sky and no wind, what more could you ask for.

by ClaireG Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:52 pm
Bless us Kevin for we have sinned..........

Cath & I missed the Saturday ride as we had a window of opportunity before Sat lunchtime........so slotted in a perfect, steady non-stop 4hr ride.

We're running out of autumnal superlatives now, but we both agreed that Castle Howard was almost obligatory on such a fine day (it'd have been rude not to!) followed by Slingsby, Ampleforth, Wass, Byland Abbey, Crayke, S-on-F: very pleasant and perhaps, yesterday, it was 'about the bike'!

Claire

by nige gos Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:54 am
shifts allowing made the sat run with andy, arthur and rest.

excellent ride out with some very good company - really enjoyed it :)

by MarkA Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:22 pm
A rather large night on Sat meant 9 am in the square didn't happen

Holly and i let it warm up a bit and then rode out to Beningbrough in time to visit friends in the afternoon

It didn't half go dark quick though on the way home!

by mal Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:45 pm
I followed Tockwith - Pannal - Beckwithshaw route out but no sign of club runners, then returned home via Bland Hill - Farnley - Wetherby. The woods by Lindley reservoir were particularly coloursome (good excuse for a slow ride uphill to admire the scenery).

by Dave B Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:56 pm
I was down in the South-East for the weekend so took the opportunity to have a go at the Dulwich Paragon CC 'cross race at Herne Hill stadium on Saturday afternoon - great course to ride, and it even took in a tiny bit of the famous track! Finished exhausted but happy, and a reasonable 24th from a field of 33 (but suspect the field may have been slightly lower in quality with a lot of the top people saving themselves for the inter-area champs on Sunday); all round, probably my best off-road ride so far this year. Probably also my last - the calendar seems a bit bare now until January '08 :(

Dave B