Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:01 pm
Dear All,

A reminder that the Wheldrake 10 mile TT, kindly organised by York Cycle Works, is on tomorrow evening, Thursday 28th June. Parking, rider sign on and the start is adjacent to the Industrial site on the West side of the village. First rider away at 7.30pm. Seniors £5, Juniors £2.

This is a very popular flat course with only 2 left turns. If you have not tried a TT event before then this is an excellent one to have a go at. I'm grateful to Bernard who is the chief time keeper and of course to Fraz and his team for marshalling and other roles.

May I remind competitors to display a LED rear light. With a setting sun and sections of light and shade through the trees, visibility is critical for your safety. May I also remind competitors who pass the finish line to continue on to the start rather than turn in the road and seek their times from the timekeeper who has enough on his plate. The results will all be posted up that night.

With the weather set fair, air temperatures hot with little if any breeze we should be in for some good times. See you there!

Kind regards David