Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:36 am
Have been lucky enough to be out on the bike this morning and can report that it looks absolutely fantastic for the weekend's riding! The colours are just spectacular at the moment and conditions couldn't be better. Hope you can all make the most of it..!

by PhilBixby Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:12 pm
Likewise just back from a couple of hours-worth - autumn at its best. Not even cold. Enjoy!

by mal Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:57 pm
Nidderdale run. I'm not sure what time I'll have on Sunday so where are you heading and what route? If I can't make The Square I could try and meet up at some point.

by Rob Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:22 pm
mal wrote:Nidderdale run. I'm not sure what time I'll have on Sunday so where are you heading and what route? If I can't make The Square I could try and meet up at some point.

The route will be a little "on the hoof" depending on who's out and what their plans are. But I have an idea around going out via Tockwith, Spofforth, Pannel, Beckwithshaw and down Yorks Folly to cafe at Pateley. Then a split into two - coming back via Ripon and Boroghbridge, or on over Jordons to Masham, Ripon etc. The shorter root will be around 80 miles, the longer, well.... let's just say it will be good to make the most of the conditions!

Note that anyone wanting to be home for lunch could leave us at Beckwithshaw and come home via Ripley and Arkendale.