Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by nickb Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:29 pm
Feels like 2 minutes since i last typed this!- Cycle heaven 6.30?

by Rob Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:07 pm
see you there

by Andy J Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:47 pm
see you there guys

by IanH Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:54 pm
see you there

by Rob Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:48 am
Thanks for the ride last night.

Its good to alternate starting points around the city a bit - so far Stockton lane and CH. How about starting in Haxby occasionally? Would benefit those living up there. Could meet in front of Haxby Cycles then head out via Usher Lane and Strensall Common?

Just a thought.

by nickb Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:53 pm
That sounds like a good idea Rob. It will start to get a little boring with just the 2 routes. Shall we do that next week?

by Tullio Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:19 pm
What sort of pace/distance are the Wed rides?

Chain Gang or more leisurely? Just trying to work out if I'll keep up.

by nickb Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:37 am
Pretty lesiurely, 20-25 miles depending on where you live etc. Aroud 18 mph average usually i think

by Rob Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:51 pm
nickb wrote: Aroud 18 mph average usually i think

.....so it depends on your definition of leisurely! :wink:

You'll be fine Paul.

by Andy J Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:22 pm
How about, Haxby, Strensal, Sutton on Forest, Farlington, either return via Sherriff and flaxton or go left in Farlington to Whenby and back through Sherriff and flaxton. theres a couple of options varying betwen 1 to 1 1/2 hours, What do you all think. Paul, the rides not mean't to be a hard ride, just a way of keeping the legs turning over nicely, no one will be left behind, If its too fast then shout up and the pace will be adjusted accordingly.