Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by craigdabrown Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:12 pm
We discussed the weather forecast in the Square, decided that heading East offered the best chance of avoiding the rain and so it proved.

I joined the Inters ride to Langdale End (cafe stop at Thornton-le-Dale) accompanied by Dr. Dave, NickM, GrahamT, JohnB, Joseph, James and DaveC with PeteS also jumping on board when we passed the J/K Ride just before Bossall.

Flooding around Howsham meant a diversion via Crambe and Kirkham Abbey and lots of oncoming cyclists who were taking part in a sportive. Pace was a bit steady until after Rillington where Sagan and Dillier, I mean James and Joseph, increased the tempo a bit. JohnB had to be back reasonably early and so we re-grouped at the turn-off before Yedingham with the majority heading straight to the cafe while Dr. Dave, James and Joseph continued onto Dalby.

Always a good cafe stop and what breeze there was after lunch appeared to be behind us for most of the return journey, choosing Terrington and Sheriff Hutton over the usual Castle Howard and Thornton-le-Clay route.

Quite a spread of fitness levels within the group at the moment, with people recovering from colds and flus and others beginning to work towards targets for the year ahead, so difficult to set a pace which suits all. I really enjoyed it though and great to get another 75 miles in.
by Rob Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:54 pm
Great ride on Sunday to Castleton. Out via Rosedale Moor and Fryup Dale. Back via Westerdale and Farndale. Big temperature drop as we approached Castleton, but overall great conditions for a ride. Thanks to Steen, AndrewL, AndyG and Claire (for first hour) for company. 155k, and trouble free progress, got us back before 4-30.