Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:45 am
I'm asking CH to put in a second order in the very near future for specific winter items, based on what members want plus some extra for stock. Since it'll go through CH rather than the club, it'll work differently to previous orders and I won't be asking for pre-payment as you'll simply get it over the counter at CH and pay for it there. BUT! Please! If you ask for stuff please collect and pay for it, AND please make sure you order the right size, if necessary by trying similar items on at CH or by borrowing off someone who's already got the item you're after.

Please can you let me know, via this thread, what you'd like.

You can see what's available at the clothing manufacturer's website at http://www.fcarvalho-ciclismo.com/clo/

Bear in mind that prices on the website will be plus carriage, UK VAT and a small handling charge, and that the prices assume a minimum order of ten items (it goes up by 20% for 5-9 items, and more for less than that).

With this latter point in mind, it would be good if we could get reasonable quantities of everyday items, for example:-

The Training Jackets are very useful all-winter wear; the front is windproof and the rest is a fairly warm polyester, with stretch lycra panels to the sides and sleeves. Price will be about £41. Try one on before you order - because only the sides are stretchy they're unforgiving on sizing, but if you get the right size they're nice because they're snug and don't flap around like some windproof tops. Two rear zipped pockets.

The Minerva Jackets are made of a high-tech breathable water-resistant fabric which washes well and really *does* breath, which makes them great for wearing as a top layer in really crap weather. They don't have pockets. Price will be about £49.

The bibtights are brushed lycra and come with the same insert as the bibshorts, and of course in the same design with CLIFTON cheekily across your cheeks and the website address down each mighty, rippling thigh. Price about £38.

If you want stuff ordered, please post on here saying what items, what quantities and what size. Please use the manufacturer's sizing reference - size 8 (small) up to size 11 (XL) - it'll be marked on the inside collar of tops and the back of bibshorts which you try on to get the sizing right!

Please can you put orders on here within the next TWO WEEKS - ie by Wed November 7th. CH can then get an order straight in and will have the stuff within four weeks of that date. If we end up with small quantities of any items I'll check you're okay with prices before forwarding the order to CH.

Thanks folks!

by PhilBixby Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:47 am
So, to get the ball rolling, I'm after one pair of bibtights size 9...

by Arthur Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:00 am
I'd llike a minerva jacket. Will have to work out which size though.

by PhilBixby Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:30 am
I've got a size 9 that you're welcome to try.

by Andy J Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:38 pm
I would like 1 pair of bibtights, 1 training jacket and 1 minerva jacket please, all in size 11.

by Mike Collis Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:34 pm
I would like bibtights not sure of size

by PhilBixby Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:29 am
Mike, I'd suggest popping in to Cycle Heaven and trying on the bibshorts, if you've not got a pair already. Just tell them you want to check sizing for bibtights as part of an order that I'll be putting in. Certainly when I tried the sample kit on when we first started using this manufacturer, bibtight sizing was comparable with the bibshorts unless you've got extraordinarily long/short legs.

by nige gos Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:59 am
i know this is a summer item but :!: :!: will there be any stocking
of skin suits :?: :?:

by PhilBixby Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:56 am
CH seem stragely reluctant to stock 'em! Best bet would be if we got five or more people interested in one (and agreed on all long or all short sleeve) - then the prices wouldn't be too horrendous if we ordered direct. Now? or in the early spring?

by nige gos Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:59 pm
i don't mind when they get ordered - short sleeve i think would be the
all round option, it's just a case of getting other people interested ?

by PhilBixby Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:02 pm
Go to it, Nige. You know who the Usual Suspects would be (clue:- some of them already have pointy helmets...) :wink:

by nickb Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:27 pm
I would be interested although i dont have a pointy helmet :P
Any idea on price?

by PhilBixby Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:59 pm
Ahh, but with a skinsuit you'd be a pointy helmet just waiting to happen...

If we got an order of between 5 and 9 in they be near £60, if we can get over ten they'd come down to about £50.

by PhilBixby Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:11 pm
<bump>

Closing date for orders is next Wednesday - if you're after any winter kit, *please* let me know ASAP. Ta!

by PhilBixby Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:52 am
<bump>

Closing date today. Please post any requirements here, and then I'll check what CH intend ordering, and hence whether there are any small-quantity surcharges on anything any of you have asked for, and I'll get back to you if so.

Note also the "skinsuits" thread - quite a few people are after them - any more takers??