Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by craigdabrown Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:14 pm
Hello everyone.

We've received an e-mail from a PR Manager at First Bus Group in York, inviting Clifton C.C. to contribute to and participate in a consultation with York bus drivers in an attempt to make roads safer.

There have been a number of incidents involving cyclists and buses over recent months and First York are keen to understand some of the frustrations that cyclists have experienced with their buses in and around York in order that they can work together with cyclists to make improvements and to help understand each other’s priorities on the road.

I explained that, as a Club, we do most of our Social riding outside the City itself but we depart from Exhibition Square at weekends and so travelling from home to the Square and then leaving the Square to get out of town is probably where we are most likely to share the road space with buses.

I also suggested that we have a number of members for whom, outwith the Club, cycling is the normal method of travel.

First seem genuinely interested in hearing what we have to say and want to improve things for cyclists and bus drivers alike.

If you have any comment to make on this subject or would like to be part of a meeting with First bus drivers themselves then please e-mail secretary@cliftoncc.org

Thanks,
Craig
by SamC Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:02 pm
Craig - I’d be keen to meet and chat with First Bus Group if the opportunity is there, as dialogue and engagement is key to safe interactions between bikes and buses. thanks, Sam