Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Jon G Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:44 am
Saturday was definitely NOT the best weather day of the weekend. :(. Only 8 in square all for the A ride ( Ian H, Dave C, dr Dave, joe, James , Stu, John B, and myself), then Mark B turned up for the K ride, I think he got Nick for company. I was keen to get out though as it was preferable to it been icy. It’s wasnt too bad initially but as you got wetter you slowly got colder. Only a couple of times previously have my hands and feet been colder and on both occasions that was in the mountains at altitude in poor weather and I was under dressed. Conditions were similar to our recent trip to the morzine on our first day when we climbed the col de la columbiere.( remember that guys!). Saturday was colder though. :shock: . We sensibly chose to abort the intended ride for a non stop loop via Malton which still served a purpose. But isn’t quite the same :( . The weather meant the enjoyment goes out of the ride. It’s certainly the first time I’ve resorted to a shortened ride down to the conditions. Still managed 85 miles though door to door. :D. Cheers for the company guys but I won’t be complaining when spring finally arrives :wink: :D
by Dr Dave Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:36 pm
Jon G wrote: Conditions were similar to our recent trip to the morzine on our first day when we climbed the col de la columbiere.( remember that guys!). Saturday was colder though. :shock:

It was cold on Saturday but not that cold Jon. The thing about the high Alps is that you descend for a long way with no pedalling effort to generate heat and the wind-chill really cools you down. On Saturday you could keep your core warm by varying the effort level. Hands and feet did suffer a bit mind you :lol:

Keep pedalling!