Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 pm
Dear All,

I have put together the 2018 SPOCO TT series which Craig has kindly uploaded to the Thursday night SPOCO TT web page. There are 12 events in the series starting with the Sutton 10, season opener, on the 10th of May. I have put the 'come and try it event' as the second event to hopefully tempt new entrants to the series who may then get hooked and have plenty more events to enter.

Following on from the popularity of the Wheldrake circuit I have increased the number of events on this circuit to 3 which will be organised by Cycleworks. I have reduced the number of Bulmer Bank Terrington bank circuits but retained 2 Coneysthorpe circuits to satisfy the hill mashers.

In putting the series together I have incorporated the feedback from the discussion board and post series meeting. I'm very grateful to everyone who has contributed. Hopefully the series will provide something for everyone.

The TT series will end, as always, with the Hill Climb kindly organised by Rob and Claire on the 7th October.

Everything is in place now. I've notified regional CTT and sent of the statutory notifications to the police today.
Finally, and my last appeal this year, ( there will be plenty of cajoling next year I'm sure), the volunteer matrix is completely clear and ready to be populated by volunteer marshals, organisers and timekeepers. It's a great series but it relies totally on the support of volunteers to officiate.

What more incentive do you need to keep up those Winter base miles and training! :D

Kind regards David
TT Sec'
by wilsontown Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:24 pm
Excellent, thanks for this. Looks like a good mix of different courses and I look forward to having a go next year.

Due to work, I won't be able to volunteer to help out until nearer the time. I will certainly do some marshalling, but I'd also be interested in getting involved with the timekeeping. However, I haven't done any of that before so would need some help getting started.

Cheers,
Paul Wilson
by Matt H Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:55 pm
Dave, just wanted to say a huge thank you for organising the 12 evening events for 2018. Thank you also for retaining 4 events covering 2 of the original SPOCO courses, I have marked those dates in my diary already!

Like Paul, I will confirm which events I can organise / marshal nearer the time, when I have a clearer picture of my other commitments.

Thanks again, have a great Christmas, see you in May...