Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:31 pm
Dirtiest Dirty Clubrun to date. Steen, Jonny, Andrew, Rebecca, self. Out via Fulford Golf Course, Stammy Bridge, Great Giverdale, Worm Dale (a treat that one, you'll have to search for it near Thixendale). Then tea and cake in Thix followed by a ride through Warram Percy in steady rain. Getting pretty wet and muddy by then, so cut our losses and headed for home on the tarmac.

Only about 80k, but felt like I'd been for a ride afterwards. Some fine new tracks and vistas.
Personally, that's my off-roading done for the season. Back to traditional road based clubruns next week. Probably Pateley. Watch this space.

It's the hill climb the week after. We have enough marshals, so you're free to enter on the line. Spectating is equally acceptable. We'll ride out from the Square as usual. Tea and cake in Millington cafe after, then take the scenic route home.

Then its the hostel weekend (8th/9th Oct). Start is Newcastle train station at 1000 on the Saturday morning. Overnight in Alston YH, then home from there on Sunday. 130k on Saturday, 160k on Sunday. I have 5 riders signed up, let me know if you'd like to join us.