Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by craigdabrown Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:49 pm
Due to road closures on the proposed route, the forecast of a 20mph westerly wind and a number of the regular Saturday riders being on holiday, we have decided to postpone the 3-Bridges Club ride on Saturday.

So the plan is for the A-Ride to stick to a 9am start from the Square and head into The Dales and the K-Ride to revert to 10am start with an Impromptu ride in a generally west direction - both hoping to pick up a tailwind on the way home.

More to follow in the weekly e-mail.

Apologies if this upsets any plans but we feel it is the sensible decision, given the circumstances.
by Dr Dave Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:33 pm
Cheers Craig. I'm happy to lead a ride out to Grassington starting at 9 from the square for any that are keen. Out via Fewston and Greenhow, lunch in Grassington then back via Langbar +/- Cow and Calf. 105 miles or thereabouts. James M and Rich aren't out AFAIK so there shouldn't be any 'thrashing' (well not that much ;) )

Keep pedalling!
by Dr Dave Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:12 pm
OK, in response to requests for a GPS file of the intended route I've (hopefully) managed to cobble something together. It's slightly longer than I originally intended to avoid retracing our steps on the way back but still a manageable route for summer....

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/24322914

OK?

Keep pedalling!
by Jon G Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Dr Dave wrote:OK, in response to requests for a GPS file of the intended route I've (hopefully) managed to cobble something together. It's slightly longer than I originally intended to avoid retracing our steps on the way back but still a manageable route for summer....

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/24322914

OK?

Ok with route Dave. However I think I will opt to head to pateley bridge at green how to cut the ride a bit shorter. Anyone is happy to join me but if I have solo ride back then so be it.