Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:17 pm
The ride formerly known as "Back from Berwick". For a number of reasons (I'll explain when I see you) I'm now planning to start this from *Newcastle* train station at 1000 on the Saturday morning. There are 4 or 5 trains getting in from York before that time. You'll need to book your bike on too, and there's limited space for these, so suggest you book pronto. I used the Trans Pennine Express website as the Virgin East Coast site no longer appears to have a bike booking field... I'm on the 0808 out of York, getting in at 0914 and the tickets are currently about £8.

I've booked 6 beds in Alston Hostel. Post or PM me if you want one. There are still other beds available, so I can add to the booking if necessary, but they will get taken at some point.....

Have got a couple of great routes planned. Hopefully about 130k on Saturday, 160k on Sunday (but as ever I reckon I'm allowed +/- 10%....) We just need a good name for the adventure, "Back from Newcastle" doesn't really cut it.... Suggestions welcome.
by Rob Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:20 pm
Sustrans Route#1 to the north Andy.
Shall I reserve you a place?
R