Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:41 am
Discussed this out on the bikes at the weekend. General consensus was "that it'd be rude not to". Sounds like Iain, Paul, Steve and I are all up for it. Anyone else interested? Probable date would be Sun 16th Dec. May need to be flexible on the date at the last minute if the weather forecast looks dangerous. Its a cracking day out - three rides for the price of one. 50 flat miles to Leyburn cafe. 40 mountainous miles around Buttertubs and Tan Hill back to Leyburn again. Then 50 flat miles back, in the dark, to York. Don't get too carried away with the lighting issue; you need some half decent lights, but you don't need a second mortgage. More importantly you need to be fit/hard enough to handle 140 miles with some serious climbing in the middle of the winter...... This'll be the 4th time we've done it and we've always got everybody round without too much melodrama. Anybody fancy joining us?

by Andrew G Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:03 pm
count me in!

by Dr Dave Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:18 pm
I believe Howard (Dudley) said he's going to ride this year 8)

by Willy H Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:47 pm
I know what it's like, seen it, done it, so why not again. Great winter ride...I'm on. Willy

by A Atkin Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:44 pm
Exceedingly unfit at the moment but aim to be fit enough by December to give it a go!

by Andy J Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:15 pm
Having riden the Tan Hill Audax in august it would be rude not to have a bash at the winter solstice.

by Rob Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:05 pm
As the finishing touch to your preparation I'll plan an optional extension to the clubrun this Sunday to take it a little over 100miles. Prob round Dalby/Troutsdale. See you there.

by dave c Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:37 pm
i'll have a go too