Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by stevesavage Wed May 17, 2006 11:39 am
Our new club kit has arrived just in time for the anniversary photo.

What is it?
There is an old photograph taken in 1906 of Clifton CC outside St Peters School in Bootham. The idea is to recreate this photograph in the same place one hundred years later to celebrate our new club colours. A copy of the old photo is in the latest Cliftonite.

When is it?
Monday 22 May at 7pm

Where is it?
St Peters School, Bootham. Meet at the main entrance (just by the foot bridge) where security will be expecting us.
Visitor car parking will be available for those arriving by car.

What should I wear?
Anything! Obviously if you have the new kit please wear that. Otherwise just come as you are. There may be some spare new kit available on the night. However please don’t wear any of the old club kit.
Unfortunately there are no changing facilities available at the school.

Why are we doing this?
To create good publicity for the club. The photo will appear in the York Evening Press. Therefore I am hoping for a really good turn out from our members to show that we are the premier cycling club in York.

This is your chance to be part of the history of the club. I look forward to seeing you next Monday. We will probably retire to a local hostelry afterwards for a drink or two.

by PhilBixby Sun May 21, 2006 4:59 pm
If anyone's going to be there who still has new kit to collect, then let me know and I'll bring it along.