Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by John B Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:53 am
Saturdays A ride had five of us riding up and down to Rosedale - Graham, Ian H, Andrew, Ian W and myself.
Weather was good all day, with the scenery in the valley near Fry-up looking really good this time of year, but it was a bit of a pull out of the valley to get back on top of the moor.
Good café stop at Rosedale with tight group ridding back towards York. Ian W was ridding well considering not having many miles in his legs this year.
Back into York with about 97 miles and just under 2000m of climbing for the day.
P.S.
it was really good to see Craig in the square and ridding again.
by craigdabrown Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:18 am
Thanks John, it was good to be back out.

Not quite the Alps trip, as planned, but the weather looked nice so I ignored the medical advice and joined the K-Group on a ride to Masham along with PeteS, MarkB, MarkF, Nick, Alison, Chris, ChrisR, Jacqui and Kevin.

Kevin stayed at the front for most of the journey out, keeping us on course and dictating a healthy pace. I'd planned to loop back from Tollerton but that came and went, as did Helperby, and before I knew it we were sitting down to lunch at the Bordar House Tearooms. The sun-worshippers soaked up the rays outside while the fairer-skinned dined indoors.

We enjoyed a predominant tailwind on the way back with some pretty strong riding on show. I reckon that a few could easily have joined JohnB on Saturday's A-Ride.

78 miles and an enormous thank you to everyone, especially Kevin and Jacqui, for looking out for me during the ride.

Craig
by Rob Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:11 am
Not sure a group of two counts as a clubrun... nevertheless Andy and I had a good ride on Sunday. Andy's route took us out via Beckwithshaw and York's Folly to How Stein, and back via Jordan's Moss and Kirkby Malzeard. I think this was the first time I've come over York's Folly this way... recommended - steadier climb and stunning view from the top (never appreciated when you're snapping yourself in two the other way).

Although our pace was nothing to shout about, it was quite a tough day with no other wheels to hide behind.

Eskdale Escapade Challenge Ride on Sunday. Will post separately, but will be a normal 0900 start.