Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Kobald Fri May 26, 2017 12:42 pm
Hi all,

A reminder for next Thursday, for all who fancy a go at Time Trialling plus those who well know the joy that finishing a TT brings.

I'm down as the organiser. Unfortunately I've come off the bike this week and am pretty immobile - being on crutches and not able to walk yet....

So that means we need a new organiser. Please shout up in here and we can change the sheet. It's only a short course so the easiest of the seasons organiser roles :D

Apologies for this - it really wasn't my fault though :evil:

Cheers

Neil
by G. Mon May 29, 2017 8:26 pm
I'm down to marshal this but we've got four - how many are actually needed on this course?
by martin w Mon May 29, 2017 9:13 pm
Hi all,

It's down as 4 on the map - one for each of the 3 left turns, plus one at the right hand turn to Thornton le Clay on the way up the hill...

I have the signs, but won't be here on the Thursday (though someone will be in, don't panic!)

cheers,
martin
by craigdabrown Tue May 30, 2017 7:26 am
Sorry to hear about your accident Neil, hope you make a speedy recovery.

Can anyone help out and take over the role of Organiser from Neil for Thursday evening please?

If you can help then please post a reply here and put your name in the appropriate box on the SPOCO Volunteer Spreadsheet or e-mail me at secretary@cliftoncc.org

If we can't find a new Organiser by first thing on Wednesday morning then the event will have to be cancelled.
by DavidShort Wed May 31, 2017 7:43 am
Hello everyone,

I've been off social media stuff for a few days whilst pre TT Classic TT racing in the Isle of Man. I was pit crewing for a mate who was racing a 1971 Suzuki 500, mixing av gas & super unleaded, getting the bike through scrutineering and all the last minute spannering. Our efforts were rewarded with a podium 3rd so big smiles all round. Anyway, back on two wheels without motors now!

Very sorry to hear about Neil's collision with a motorbike which just proves you can have statistics and then real life kicks in. I wish Neil a speedy recovery and I hope the offending moto rider gets prosecuted.

I'm very grateful to Dave Cook for standing in as organiser for this one which looks like it was in danger of being scrubbed. Thank you Dave.

As of tomorrow Suzie & head off to Spain in the camper van avec Velo for the month of June so I will not be on hand to chivvy things along. It looks like we have organisers for all the events so hopefully marshals will come forward and the series will not be compromised. The main difference this year is the event co hosted by Cycleworks on the Wheldrake circuit on the 29th. I've been round the course with Andy Fraser, sussed out where the start and finish is, marshal points etc. I will do a separate thread on the discussion board for clarity on this one.

Once again my thanks to Dave. If anyone would like to be an organiser but not sure what to do then I would suggest go along to the event and shadow Dave. He is more experienced than most, you will learn a lot.

Kind regards David