Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by nickb Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:51 pm
Stockton lane, upper helmsley,sand hutton, right after school to buttercrambe road, upper helmsley, warthill then either stockton lane again or back via murton? meeting place suggested last week was the minster. memoy map says 17.5 mile. Any other suggestions?

by Rob Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:55 pm
Sounds good. Optional extension to Bossall then "Pig Lane" to Buttercrambe, and back.
Hope to be there.

by Andy J Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:57 pm
I will also be there

by Arthur Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:46 pm
One suggestion on Sunday was that it might be better to meet at the bottom of Stockton Lane rather than heading out through the traffic in a group.

by nickb Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:52 pm
I did mark out the route to bossall, makes it 21mile i think, so there's a couple of options. Bottom of stockton lane is good, i was just repeating what was said last week.

by Mike Collis Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:57 pm
i will not be going out this wednesday, I have a very bad knee and need to take it easy.

by Dr Dave Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:24 pm
Mike Collis wrote:i will not be going out this wednesday, I have a very bad knee and need to take it easy.

Sounds like a nasty case of Acute Hillclimbitis!

by Mike Collis Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:33 pm
yeah though I have had it since Thursday so I need to take it easy this week.

by Andy J Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:57 pm
Arthur and Robs suggestion of meeting at the bottom of stockton lane sounds much better than middle of town, What do you all think?

by Dr Dave Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:59 pm
Coming from Dringhouses it's a wee bit further away than Cycle Heaven so I may struggle to get there for 6:30........

Also, not sure which end of Stoggy Lane the bottom is!
Last edited by Dr Dave on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by nickb Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:03 pm
So, to confirm, 6.30 botttom of stokton lane at the little flower shop? hopefully a drier ride...

by Arthur Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:25 pm
Dave - the end near town with the little roundabout.

by Dr Dave Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:28 pm
Arthur wrote:Dave - the end near town with the little roundabout.

OK, that's not so bad then - I'll try and be there as near to 6:30 as possible.

by MarkA Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:34 pm
I'm amazed by the number of cyclists who don't know the significance of this location - take a look at the plaque on the bench

aka "Petes' bench"

A very appropriate place to meet

by IanH Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:47 pm
I should be there all being well, its not far from my house so I've no excuse