Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Fri May 12, 2017 7:12 am
Dear All

Those who were at last night's TT may have noticed the Council sign adjacent to the roundabout in Sheriff Hutton indicating that the road towards Bulmer will be closed all day on the 18th May for surface dressing. Even if the road works are finished by the time of the time trial it is likely that loose gravel would render the road unsafe for competitive riding.

As a consequence I have been in touch with North Yorkshire Police Operational Planning who are happy to waive the normal 28 day notice in the circumstances to allow us to run an event on a different course. I have taken the decision to run another Sutton flat 10 as per our opening event a fortnight ago. All of the other circuits, apart from the one last night round Whenby & Brandsby, would involve using the road subject to road works.

We have organisers, courtesy of Paul & Cath Musgrave and Bernard will be on the stop watches. We still require 5 marshals for this circuit so all help gratefully received.

Paul, I will print off a new pack of documents and bring them to the event in time for riders to sign on, marshal forms etc etc.

I'll put a post up nearer the time to remind everyone and I'll attempt to change the spreadsheet and schedule.

I'll also inform York Cycle Works and Malton Wheelers via their respective Facebook pages. The two opening events have been brilliant which bodes well for a great series.

Many thanks to everyone for their help and support.

Kind regards David