Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Thu May 11, 2017 2:13 pm
Dear All,

I've just been round tonight's circuit and I can confirm the road works are still in place on the incline to the East of Farlington. So, tonight's course will be shortened by 2 miles to 10.5 miles.

The course will be exactly the same except that the finish will be on the bendy downhill section between the hamlet of Marton in the Forest and Farlington. The finish board will be posted at the end of the lane leading up to Raisbeck Farm which is on the right hand side of the road as one travels towards Farlington. There is a big tree, the only tree in fact by the road side, at the end of the lane to Raisbeck Farm. There is a good wide grass verge for the timekeeper to park up and excellent sight lines on the approach. There is also a safe stretch of road for riders to cool down without getting into conflict with traffic near the cross roads in Farlington .

The road surface around the course is in very good condition albeit with the usual pot holes here and there and there is no loose gravel on any of the junctions or bends.

There is quite a bit of farm traffic about, something to be mindful of. The ones I came across on the motorbike had some wicked looking spikey things sticking out the sides!

See you there! :D

Kind regards David