Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Wed May 10, 2017 6:14 pm
Hi All,

Martin Willan, who commutes from Sheriff to Easingwold informs me that as of today some traffic lights & road works have appeared on the final climb out of Farlington to Sheriff Hutton which is on the last mile or so of the course. Not to worry. Martin says the works are of a minor nature and fingers crossed they may be finished by tomorrow, in time for our TT.

However, as a contingency, I have plotted the route on Ride with GPS and if we move the finish to the long downhill straight before Farlington it will still give us an 11 mile event. There are good sight lines at this point so it won't cause any risk that we can't mitigate against. We are also still within the route as outlined in our statutory notifications so we are legally entitled to run the event.

I will be back from the Lakes tomorrow lunchtime ish when I'll jump on the motorbike and do a route recce' and brief everyone when they sign on.

Peter/John Hook, can you text me your mobile or put it up on this thread so I can let you know before you start putting the signs out? My mobile is 077389 48080.

There's allus summat but now't we can't overcome.

See you all tomorrow night :D

Kind regards David