Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Tue May 02, 2017 3:24 pm
Dear All,

I'm pleased to report that we have a full set of officials to ensure the event can go ahead. Relatively new member Chris Rowley, who has significant time keeping experience at national and international events, has kindly volunteered to time keep. Many thanks Chris! The weather forecast looks great with a favourable tail wind to ease riders into the event along the Moxby lane drag.

Just a further reminder of increased fees. £5 seniors, £2 juniors. Coins or fivers please. We don't carry a float!

Further to TT excitement I've just been on a 70 mile round ride taking in the new Wheldrake circuit in the company of Andy Fraser from York cycle works in order to update the risk assessment etc. Wow, that is going to be one seriously fast circuit. Cycle works have agreed to do all the organising for the event though marshals would be appreciated and of course a time keeper. I won't be around for the first one on the 29 June as we are away cycling round Spain for the month of June. Fraz has all the documentation pertaining to this event and I've fully briefed him on the why's and wherefor's but it would be good if someone from the club could act as a liaison officer to make sure everything goes ahead tickety boo.

The start will be adjacent to the industrial estate on the Western side of the village near the junction with the road to Escrick. The finish is approx. 1 mile East of Wheldrake.

See you all Thursday night for the first SPOCO TT of 2017 which I'm sure will be a great series.

Kind regards David
by DavidShort Thu May 04, 2017 9:53 pm
Big thanks to Billy, the organiser, Chris as timekeeper, all the marshals and last but not least the competitors. A total of 30 which is a record in my time as secretary. Great to see some younger members and also some female participants. A splendid start to the season. Billy will be posting the results once he has got everything done. Once again many thanks to everyone for making the first event of the 2017 series a great success.

Kind regards David :D