Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Mon May 01, 2017 8:59 am
Dear All,

We are fast approaching the 1st TT of the 2017 SPOCO series. We have an organiser, many thanks Billy, we have marshals, thanks guys, and from conversations at the social night and road rides over the TdY weekend we have a lot of interest from competitors including our friends at Malton Wheelers & York Cycle works. We have the potential for a full grid of 40, the maximum allowed for a club event! However, as yet we have no timekeeper, a key player in the mix! Unless I have a volunteer by close of play tomorrow, Tuesday 2nd May, we will not be able to go ahead with the event.

Also a reminder, should the event go ahead, that fees have gone up this year to £5 for seniors and £2 for juniors. Please try to bring coins or £5 notes as we don't carry a float to provide change for lots of tenners! We will also be making a financial contribution to the organiser of £25 and £10 for the timekeeper which will come out of the evenings takings. I will bring along a multi copy receipt book to cover the governance side of things for the treasurer.

The weather forecast is good and all bodes well for a great start to the Club SPOCO TT season. Let's not fall at the first hurdle!

Kind regards David
by DavidShort Mon May 01, 2017 5:45 pm
A member has contacted me by e mail by the name of Chris R. My apologies for not being able to bring you readily to mind. Anyway Chris has volunteered to time keep for the 4th May event.

Billy you are correct about needing a pusher off, maybe if no one shows up for that role the riders with better knees than mine can help out. All the signs and 'box of goodies' are at Martin Willan's house in Sheriff Hutton. Let me know if you need his exact address details. He will be in to help access everything. I was there last night doing a final check of everything and everything we need is there. I will bring 2 brand new batteries for the stop watches to avoid any 'battery fail' problems. In the spirit of inter club co operation Jon Cooper from York Cycle works has offered to time keep if we are stuck. Chris R could you confirm on this thread you are happy timekeeping and you are ok with the system? Suzie has offered to call out numbers as riders pass by. some forget in the heat of the moment!

Kind regards David :D
by ChrisR Tue May 02, 2017 6:35 am
Hi David
I am not familiar with your system but I was a professional timer for 10 years and covered timetrials as well as mass participation and elite / world record setting timing. I have my own stopwatches and finish line video. Do you have sign on timìng sheets or should I print some? About today if you can call me to discuss.
by DavidShort Tue May 02, 2017 7:26 am
Sounds absolutely splendid Chris! We have sheets in the organisers pack for times riders set off and also results sheets. I'll give you a call. When's a good time? I'm out tonight from 6.30pm. I'm always amazed at the talent we have in the club membership!

Kind regards David