Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by James Milner Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:03 am
Just letting everybody know that a place has become available on our trip to the Alps at the beginning of June.

Unfortunately Ian Hagyard, who was due to come with us, has had to pull out due to knee problems. This means that there is one space available.

The total cost of the trip, including flights, bike transport, transfers and accommodation is around £340. There is a cost of £50 involved in changing the name on the flight ticket, but Ian has promised to give a good deal to anyone who would like to take up this offer.

We are flying from Manchester at 7am on Saturday 3rd June to Geneva and transferring to Morzine in the French Alps where we will be staying in a skiing chalet very close to the town centre. Return from Geneva on Saturday 10th. There will be 14 of us in total, so we may split in to 2 or 3 groups, ensuring there will be a group everyone is able to ride with.

This is a fantastic area for cycling with some great climbs, including the Col de Joux Plane, which was the final climb in last year's Tour de France.

Anybody interested should contact either myself our Ian via this forum.

You know you want to!

Happy cycling! :D
by IanH Mon May 01, 2017 8:29 pm
No real interest so far, it's now a month away so as time is getting on I really don't want to see it go to waste, the knee is half of my problem but I also have an appointment to see a consultant I've been waiting 6 months for at LGI in Leeds for another medical problem which I now have for June 5th which I don't want to delay.

As I've already paid both the accomadation, transfers, flights each way from Manchester complete with bike bag if anybody wants it contact Dave Cook who booked our flights to pay him £90 (£45 each way) the cost of altering the names on the tickets and me just £100 it's yours.

Ian H.

Are we there yet
by craigdabrown Tue May 02, 2017 6:06 am
Similar to Ian, I'm unable to ride for the next few weeks, due to a broken colllarbone, and therefore it's highly unlikely I'll be able to regain the fitness level required to do myself justice on this fabulous trip. I can still travel but if it would make it easier for two people to join the trip, rather than a single person travelling with people they don't normally ride with, then I'd be happy to offer up my place on the trip too.

Thanks,
Craig
by IanH Fri May 19, 2017 9:23 am
Just one final bump up, no takers so far and it would be a shame to see it go to waste so if anyone wants it now it's FREE ! Apart for the £90 cost for Dave Cook to get the name on the flight tickets changed.

It's now only 2 weeks away.

Ian H.

Are we there yet
by craigdabrown Fri May 19, 2017 11:59 am
Same goes for me, place now "free" to anyone who wants to ride in the Alps and is prepared to pay £90 to change the name on the flight tickets or change their name to Craig David Andrew Brown by deed poll.

Craig